What to do when you get locked out of your Samsung Galaxy A10e because you forget the password or the PIN. Find your options in this helpful guide.
Today’s technology is all about privacy. Therefore, securing your phone is a must if you want to protect the data on your Samsung Galaxy A10e. One of them is by enabling a lock screen.
Three options are available for the unlock method: PIN, a password, or a pattern. Whichever it is that you choose, the most important is to remember it.
This is where a problem usually comes in. You may forget your credentials along the way. And as a result, it’s pretty annoying to get locked out of your own phone.
In this case, Samsung Galaxy A10e offers you several solutions. In this article, learn about each of them. You can reset your password or PIN and make a new one. Continue reading for more details.
Unlock your phone using your Google Account
Since this phone runs on Android, you can take the advantage of its Google ecosystem. Here’s how to unlock Samsung Galaxy A10e using a Google account:
- Enter the wrong PIN / password / pattern five times. Do it until the “Forgot Pattern” option appears on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “Forgot Pattern.” Then you will see fields to enter your Google account and its password.
- Tap “Sign in.” Wait until the phone unlocks. Don’t forget to reset your PIN/password afterward.
By far, unlocking using a Google account is the easiest way to recover your phone. It’s pretty straightforward too since you don’t need another device. What you will need is an internet connection. Make sure your phone has access to it.
Unlock using Android Device Manager (ADM)
The second option to unlock Samsung Galaxy A10e is through Android Device Manager (ADM). Here’s how to do it:
- On your browser open https://myaccount.google.com/find-your-phone. You can use another device’s browser to access this link.
- Sign in to your Google account. Enter your username and password. Make sure the account is the one used on your locked phone.
- Select the device. Then click on “Lock.”
- Enter a temporary password. You will see a window that asks you to create one.
- Select “Lock.” Then you will see a confirmation message. On your Samsung Galaxy A10e, you will see a field that asks you to enter the temporary password.
- Enter the password. The phone will unlock afterward.
Again, with this method, your phone also needs a connection to the internet. It’s less straightforward than using a Google account but still effective regardless. It also needs a browser from another device.
Unlock using Samsung Find My Mobile
You can also unlock Samsung Galaxy A10e using Samsung Find My Mobile as follows:
- Visit Find My Mobile’s page. Click this link to https://findmymobile.samsung.com/.
- Sign in using your Samsung account. Enter the username and the password, then click “Sign in.” To use this method, you must have a working Samsung account.
- Select “Unlock.” You will get asked for your Samsung account password again. Enter it and confirm by entering the password again. Your phone should unlock afterwards.
This method is perfect if you have a Samsung account linked with your phone. The steps are a bit similar to using Android Device Manager. It also requires a browser and an internet connection.
- How to block calls and texts on Samsung Galaxy A10e
- Samsung Galaxy A10e Tutorial: Safe Mode, Recovery Mode, Factory Reset
Hard reset your phone
You can always choose to do a factory reset if you can’t use your Google or Samsung account. However, make sure no anti-theft is activated. Because otherwise, the phone will still ask for your Google username and password before proceeding with the factory reset. Another thing to consider, be ready to lose all your data if you opt for a hard reset.
So that’s how to unlock your Samsung Galaxy A10e. It’s best to avoid hard reset if you can. Use factory reset as a last resort. A few tips on PIN or password, use the one that’s easy to remember for you, but hard for others. It’s to prevent this issue from happening again in the future.