The helpful guide for the messaging and email features on Samsung Galaxy A10e. Included here tutorials on SMS, MMS, voicemail, and email setup.
When instant messaging and social media are seemingly taking over, email and messaging remain a reliable method of communication. Some people still use them for several reasons.
Emails are the preferred communication until today, especially for businesses. Meanwhile, texts can be useful in a situation when you can’t get an internet connection.
This article covers email and messaging on Samsung Galaxy A10e. What you will learn here is the messaging features, such as regular texts, group texts, and voice mail. As for the email, there’s a tutorial about setting it up.
- How to set up voicemail on Samsung Galaxy A10e
- How to reset voicemail password on Samsung Galaxy A10e
- How to send an SMS on Samsung Galaxy A10e
- How to send pictures and videos (MMS) on Samsung Galaxy A10e
- How to send group text messages on Samsung Galaxy A10e
- How to set up an email on Samsung Galaxy A10e
How to set up voicemail on Samsung Galaxy A10e
Follow the tutorial below on how to set up voicemail on Samsung Galaxy A10e:
- Enter the Phone app. From the main screen, find the icon labeled as “Phone” and tap it.
- Tap and hold the “1” key. You may need to tap the dial keys button to reveal the dial keys.
- Follow the instruction on the prompts. Wait until you’re connected to the voicemail setup prompts. Afterward, follow the instructions coming from the prompt.
- Ending the call. To end the call, tap the “End Call” button.
A voicemail lets callers leave a voice message. But before using, there’s a configuration that needs to be done. It won’t take long, and the step-by-step tutorial above will show you how. Contact the carrier’s customer service if you have tried the steps above but still failed.
How to reset voicemail password on Samsung Galaxy A10e
The steps below explain how to reset voicemail password on Samsung Galaxy A10e:
- Open the Messages app. From the main screen, tap the icon saying “Messages.”
- Create a new conversation. Tap the icon located at the bottom right of the screen.
- Enter 611611 as the recipient. Then tap the “Next” key to move to the message field.
- Enter the message. Type VOICEMAIL on the message field, then tap “Send.”
- Click the link provided in the reply. When you receive the reply, tap the link to reset your password. Just tap “Send” when you get a notification that the link “may cause charges.”
- Send Y to confirm the password reset. On the message field, type Y and hit “Send” or the Send SMS icon.
- Return to the main screen. Congratulation, your voicemail password is reset to the last four digits of your phone number. Press the Home key to go back to the main screen.
The voicemail on Samsung Galaxy A10e requires a password. And it’s possible if someone would forget the password. Luckily, you can reset the voicemail password and set up a new one. Just follow the instruction and in no time, your voicemail will be unlocked.
How to send an SMS on Samsung Galaxy A10e
To send a text, follow the instruction below on how to send an SMS on Samsung Galaxy A10e:
- Start from the Home screen. The “Messages” app is located on the Home screen. Tap to open.
- Tap on the “New conversation” icon. This icon creates a new message.
- Enter the recipient’s information. Tap the recipient field if needed. Then enter a number or a contact. To use a contact, type its name then tap the desired contact when a list of suggestions appears.
- Type the message. Using the keyboard, compose your message on the “Enter message” field.
- Hit the Send button. Tap the “Send SMS” icon, or tap “Send.”
- Close the “Messages” app. Tap the Home key to return to the Home screen.
An SMS is still a reliable way to send a message. The mechanism is still the same since as the old days. But here we specifically showed how to send one using the interface of Samsung Galaxy A10e, which some users might not familiar with yet.
- Samsung Galaxy A10e: How to Change Ringtones and Wallpaper
- Samsung Galaxy A10e: Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Guide
How to send pictures and videos (MMS) on Samsung Galaxy A10e
Here’s how to send pictures and videos (MMS) on Samsung Galaxy A10e:
- Tap the “Messages” icon. This icon is located on the main screen. So you don’t need to go to the apps screen.
- Tap the “New conversation” icon. Start creating a message by touching this icon.
- Enter the recipient’s name or number. On the “Recipient” field, type a number or a contact name.
- Type in the message. Tap the “Next” key using the keyboard, the start composing your message.
- Attach the file. Tap the + icon then the “From Gallery” icon. If the phone asks for permission, tap “Allow.”
- Select the desired file. You can browse through the albums to find the file you want to send. Once found, select the file then tap “Done.”
- Send the MMS. Tap the “Send” on the keyboard or tap the “Send MMS” icon.
Multimedia Messages or MMS might have gotten out of favor lately, but it is still supported on Samsung Galaxy A10e. For those of you who’d rather sending files via MMS, the tutorial above will walk you through the process.
How to send group text messages on Samsung Galaxy A10e
Follow the instruction below on how to send group text messages on Samsung Galaxy A10e:
- Open the Messages app. On the Home screen, tap the icon labeled as “Messages.”
- Tap the “New conversation” icon. This icon is situated at the bottom of the screen.
- Add a recipient. Tap the “Recipient” field and enter a number or contact. Then type a comma.
- Add more recipients. Type a number or a contact again. Every time you want to add a recipient, type a comma again.
- Write the message and send it. Tap the “Enter message” field and type the message you want to send. Hit “Send” or “Send MMS” icon once you’re done.
A group text is a convenient way to send a message to several recipients at once. No need to type a message multiple times, you can attach several contacts and hit the send button once. It’s the perfect way to relay a broadcast message. Responses for group text will appear in the thread.
How to set up an email on Samsung Galaxy A10e
The following list describes how to set up an email on Samsung Galaxy A10e:
- Open the Email app. From the Home screen, slide up to reveal apps drawer. Locate the Email icon and tap to open.
- Tap one of the email providers. Pick according to the type of email you’re going to use. If it is not among the list, tap “Other.”
- Enter the necessary information. Type your email address and tap “Next”, then enter the password of your email.
- Tap “Sign in.” A window may appear asking permission to access files, tap “Allow” or “Agree.”
- Go back to the main screen. Press the Home key to close the Email app.
Samsung Galaxy A10e’s mail client app accepts various account providers. It means you don’t have to use a Google account when you set up the email. There are other options such as Hotmail, Outlook, and Yahoo. To set up the email, use the tutorial above as a guide.
Navigating through the email and messages features on Galaxy A10e is nothing complicated. Hopefully, after reading this article, you will find your way around the phone more easily. People mostly just need a little bit of practice in the beginning.